Community Art Spaces
Enjoy great contemporary art and get a taste for the creative side of Brimbank with a wander through our community Art Spaces.
Watch artists at work, take part in a workshop, or check out the latest exhibitions at venues including:
- Sunshine Art Space Gallery (2 City Pl, Sunshine)
- Hunt Club Community and Arts Centre (775 Ballarat Rd, Deer Park)
- St Albans Community Centre (STACC – 33 Princess St, St Albans)
Contemporary public art
As you move around Brimbank you’ll spot some interesting public art that draws on the City’s unique history and rich diversity, expressed in a mix of contemporary art forms.
Brimbank is home to internationally acclaimed artist John Kelly’s, Man Lifting Cow sculpture in the Sunshine Town Centre on Hampshire Road.
Other eye-catching works include:
- Seeds of Hope & Dreams by Andrea Tomaselli and Dianne Beevers (329 Main Rd E, St Albans)
- Spiral Graph Seat by Martin Moore (2A Lennon Pkwy, Derrimut).
Brimbank is proud to be home to many eye-catching street art works. Designed in collaboration with prominent street artists, these works can be found in the most surprising of spaces including The Tin Shed (309 Main Road East St Albans), Wright St Bridge Underpass (Wright St, Sunshine) and the St Albans IGA supermarket (16-18 E Esplanade, St Albans) just to name a few.